A neighborhood non-profit organization here to help our neighbors!
how we're helping
We are a nonprofit organization focused on helping make the neighborhood around us a better and happier place to live, with the help of our tireless volunteers. We organize fundraisers, community-building events and informational meetings held on a monthly basis.
What We've Achieved
- We have cleaned up several miles of roadways, removing tons of trash and garbage on 92nd Avenue from Woodstock to Johnson Creek Road as well as around the campsite along the Multi-Use Path around the Flavel MAX station.
- We have also provided bags to the homeless who live in the neighborhood, be it in RV’s or tents so they could keep their own area clean.
- We have helped neighbors who couldn’t get the job done. We removed a burned down garage that caught fire last year due to homeless individuals living it to stay warm.
- This homeowner was being fined by the City and contacted by the fire department to have this unsafe structure removed.
- We applied for and received a City grant to clean up along the multi-use path which runs from NE Portland to the SE Flavel MAX station.
- The area we cleaned was near the Lents Elementary School. We cleaned both the West and East side of the walking bridge that crosses I-205.
- We have done fundraisers by cleaning up yards for neighbors who needed assistances in landscaping.
- We have given away 22 Christmas turkeys to needy families.
- We support the Foster-Powell neighborhood when the City decided to put a low barrier homeless shelter in their neighborhood near an alternative high school, a YMCA youth facility and a day care center two doors down from it.